-->

[Part 1] What are we living for?

The purpose of life by Alnira
The purpose of life by Alnira


Introduction


What are we living for? Most of people still question this every single time, even me. I always ask this question whether when I'm break free or having lots of thing to do.

We always look for the meaning of life itself, that makes us human. Some people finally find their own answer like they're living for having luxury stuff, they're living for having party all day all night, they're living for tasting every food around the world, they're living for having bunch of friends, and many more.

It's all temporary desire that we have. But when we think deeply, we barely find the right answer for that question. This question always refers to religion.

Once I went to the bookstore in 2018. It was hard time for me. I had to face my final project at university and I had to face the reality that I had no idea what to do next after the graduation.

I planned to buy a book, the castle in the Pyrenees by Jostein Gaarder. I've ever read one of his book with title Sophia's World, you know, the best seller book for learning philosophy.

Then I thought that I have come here with much effort, I should've bought at least 2 books. I  randomly picked this book, the purpose of life by Alnira. The cover looked like it was the story about romance, a man who found his soulmate. I bought it because the cover was good.

The only reason I bought the castle in the Pyrenees book was because I was looking for the meaning of life. You know, we all have ever felt empty, like numb. We were lost, no direction where to go.

I did read Mr. Gaarder's book, but I ended up my 2018 without even touching or opening Alnira's masterpiece. The 2019 went by, and I haven't had motivation to start to read it.

And here I am, starting my 2020 with reading that book that I've bought 2 years ago.

What Are We Living For?


Let's break it down. What is the first thing that pops up in your mind when you think about religion? What does religion mean to you personally?

Some people would say "Religion is rules that's made by human", others say "Religion is something that restricts individual freedom, as long as we don't do the bad things and keep doing the good things, we don't need religion in our life".

Well, if you think so, then what is your parameter to define that you're doing something good? Is it based on your own logic? But humans have varied logic, that's why we all need something that binds us, we need law, and religion.

The truth is Religion humanizes human. You might say it's bullshit, all religions are the same. If all religions are the same, then what does faith mean to you?

Another question might pop up in your mind like what is the right religion? You can't judge book but it's cover, right? That also applies to religion.

You can't judge any religion if you haven't explored deeper to it. Remember this, talk good or remain silent.

Most of people say that Islam is anarchist and intolerent toward to other religions. The only one that should've been blamed here is the doer, not the religion. People can make mistakes, they have will and lust, they have posibility to do the bad or the good things. It applies to other religions too, not only Islam. Remember not to judge the religion, it's individual's mistake.

Conclusion


After we believe that there's God who controls everthing that happens in this world, another question pops up in our mind like what's the purpose of living?

I'll continue this in another post. All these things that I write here are based on that book, and that book has trusted references. If you don't believe me, then buy it in bookstore.

Happy Living!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel